Pilsen Environmental Rights and Reform Organization is a volunteer-led, grassroots community group of Pilsen residents that formed in 2004 to fight the disproportionate amount of pollution in the Pilsen neighborhood. PERRO believes all people have the right to live in a clean and healthy environment, regardless of their race and class.
What are PERRO’s goals?
- Advocating for the health and safety of the Pilsen community.
- Informing residents about the health dangers of pollution from all sources in Pilsen.
- Working with the city departments, the EPA, and elected officials at the all levels to develop a solution for reducing pollution and making Pilsen a cleaner place to live, work, and breathe.
- Achieving a significant reduction in pollution from industrial sources in Pilsen.
- Achieving this clean up without causing industrial jobs or business to be lost.