Get Involved

How you can help

There are many things you can do to help keep Pilsen clean, and most of them relate to what you already know.

If you have skills in writing, teaching, media, art, video, translation, web or graphic design, science, law, statistics, or any other field, we can use your help.

If you are involved in a community organization and would like to work with PERRO on any level, please contact us.

If you would like PERRO to present information on pollution to your church, business, or other group, please contact us. If you teach and would like to use data on Pilsen in a classroom setting, we have a number of resources available.

If you would like to donate to PERRO, please click on the link below. Donations cover expenses such as printing informational materials, scientific testing, EPA document fees, our office, and administrative expenses. Donations are not currently tax-deductable.

What to do if you see pollution

If you see or smell offensive pollution coming from any industrial area, you can call the Department of Environment complaint line at 312-744-7672, 24 hours a day. Tell the operator where the pollution is coming from. If it’s from Kramer, mention it by name. Kramer is currently on a special watch list. An operator will answer from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and after that your call will be forwarded to Streets and Sanitation. That’s okay—you can still tell them what you are seeing and urge them to investigate as soon as possible. Your complaints will be filed, and your call will make a difference in the long-term.

How to express your concerns to the city and Alderman Solis

Call Alderman Danny Solis at 312-843-1200 and tell him you are concerned about the Kramer situation and that it’s important to you that the pollution is stopped.